AKC Border Collies bred for outstanding quality

Until we meet again..............


My Tribute to Fae


August 5, 2014


It all began the year I lost my almost 16 year old Shih Tzu that I had bred. After I lost him, I really didn’t want another dog. I knew no other dog could ever take his place in my aching heart. He was with me through great trials over the years and he was my baby. I had no intentions of getting another dog, period.


But…. my husband saw how lonely I was and tried to convince me to look for another. I wanted no part of it. But, one day, as he was returning home from the grocery store, he saw a little Papillon wandering loose in our neighborhood. He brought her home and decided we should keep her, if we could not find her owners. I was not happy about it, but would see how this all played out. As luck would have it, later that afternoon, we had a knock on our door. It was a mother with her son inquiring if we had found their little dog. I was totally relieved and gladly returned their girl to them.


But…..my husband was now obsessed with finding a Papillon for us. So, I agreed and went to the Papillon Rescue website. There was little Fae. Just over 2 years old and cute as she could be, so I applied for her adoption. Needless to say, we were approved and Fae came to be our girl in August of 2004. We spoiled her to death, buying her cute little toys of all kinds, and an adorable stroller to take her shopping in! She had her own car seat so when we went anywhere, she could see out of the windows of the car and was safe. She was so happy and we were as well. I took her everywhere with me. She was the biggest hit at the Mall and everywhere else I would take her.


I have a very high King Sized bed. Well Fae always wanted to lay on it but just could not ever climb and/or jump up on it. So, I ordered these carpet covered steps where she would be able to get up and down on the bed by herself. She loved that. I put a throw at the foot of the bed and that was her spot. She was in heaven.


We then decided to find a Border Collie, Chi-Ann ( which her story is on our home page ). Then I had to have yet another Border Collie, then another and so on. April, for reasons I do not understand, had an issue with  Fae and from then on we had to keep them separated. I enclosed our dining room and put a nice soft bed in it and kept Fae separated from April, which was fine, but Fae was now always confined to that room, She was always taken outside alone to protect her from the Border Collies. This was very challenging and sad. But I never wanted Fae to be afraid or hurt in any way.




Well, this past Sunday, August 3, 2014, we had planned to go to Church. When we woke up it was pouring out, and we decided not to make the trip, 30 miles or so, and we stayed home. I fed the dogs as usual, and Fae ate her breakfast and was fine, or so I thought. By noon I looked at her and she was panting so hard I knew something was not right. I called to my husband and told him I was worried about our little girl. We watched her closely and knew we had to take her to the vet right away. When we arrived the vet was at lunch, but the nurse came out and looked at Fae’s gums and saw she needed oxygen. So she took Fae and placed her in an oxygen crate. She was really struggling for every breath. When the vet got back from lunch, he suggested we take some ex rays to see what was going on. There was fluid around her heart and he said it was Congestive Heart Failure. He said we could try to give her Lasix and some pain meds and see what happens. We were in agreement, anything to save out baby girl. He told us to call around 5:00 p.m. and we could pick her up around 8:00 p.m. Well, by the time we got back home there was a message on our answering machine. The vet had called and said Fae had taken a turn for the worst and we needed to come if we wanted to say goodbye to her as she just wasn’t going to make it much longer. We jumped into the car to get there as soon as possible. By  they time we arrived our little girl was really struggling for breath and she was in terrible shape. We had no choice but to end this suffering for our girl. Today is Tuesday and I am still in pain over this tragic loss. I so miss our little Fae. I pray she is up in Heaven romping in fields of flowers and in no pain any more. I will always always miss her and feel the loss of a very special girl.


I am so thankful to Papillon Rescue for allowing me to be able to have her in my life, even for such a short time. I will treasure the memories of little Fae for the rest of my life.


Run and be free and fly with the Angels, until we are together again. I love you sweet girl.